Are you interested in running the 118th Boston Marathon with Team BCNC? BCNC has received 2 bibs for the Boston Marathon thanks to the generosity of the John Hancock Non-Profit Marathon Program. Here are 5 reasons to run as part of Team BCNC:
1) You do not need a qualifying time to run for BCNC. As long as we know that you can complete a marathon without any serious health concerns, we will support you whether you're an experienced marathon runner or an adventurous beginner.
2) You'll be fundraising for a great cause - BCNC runs 8 programs aimed at helping recent immigrants, and serves 2,300 constituents a year.
3) You'll get special attention from BCNC, and we'll do everything we can to help you complete the marathon and reach your fundraising goal.
4) Receiving a bib from Team BCNC guarantees you an entry in the highly competitive 2014 race.
5) You'll be a part of the BCNC family!
1) The deadline for runner applications is November 25th, 2013. Interviews will take place following the November 25th deadline. Accepted runners will be notified in the first week of December. The 118th Boston Marathon will take place on April 21, 2014.
2) There is a minimum fundraising requirement of $5,000. If a runner does not raise all the funds required, he/she will be charged the remaining difference.
3) Accepted runners must pay an individual $325 entrance fee to the Boston Athletic Association, in addition to the fundraising requirement. This fee does not count towards his/her fundraising goal. More details will be given to the runner after his/her acceptance to Team BCNC.
Thank you for your interest in Team BCNC! The marathon application can be found here.
2013 Team BCNC Runner Yanyi (Emily) Weng
2013 Team BCNC Runner Julia Kuo